What do you do with a partial bag of leftover Andes mints?
These brownies are super moist and fudgy. I adapted the recipe for Best-Ever Fudgy Brownies from Chocolate & Vanilla by Gale Gand. I topped them with mint frosting and chocolate glaze, and sprinkled Andes mints on top.
They make the perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
- 11 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Andes mints, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- drop of oil of peppermint
- food coloring, if desired
- 1 square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 8x8-inch baking pan with foil and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl set over a pan of hot water. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in the sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and walnuts.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients together with a hand mixer. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, drizzle over mint topping.
- Sprinkle Andes mint pieces on top; chill and cut.